TEMPLE TIMINGS : 6 TO 12 A.M AND 5P.M TO 8P.M
|Andhra Maha Vishnu Temple|
Unique feature in this temple is The deity holds a Shanka in right hand and a Chakra in left hand which symbolizes peace. It is one among the few rare temples where we can see Lord as Lord Vishnu, in all other temples we can see his other incarnations like Lord Venketeswara Swamy, Narasimha Swamy, Krishna.
SO THIS TEMPLE IS PARIHARA STHALAM for ASLESHA, REVATHI, JYESTA NAKSHATRAS AND FOR BUDHA GRAHA(MERCURY) DOSHAS AND FOR BUDHA(MERCURY) RASIS(GEMINI, KANYA). It is believed those who perform pooja here will get good job, transfers to the required place, so many people come here on Wednesday to perform pooja to get good job and Marriage.We can see original SALAGRAMA MALA decorated to Lord Vishnu here. We can find this SALAGRAMA MALA again in Tiumala and Ryali only.
|Goopuram Of Andhra Maha Vishnu Temple|
Lord Brahma installed the idol and worshiped Lord Vishnu here. So it is called as SRIKAKULAM (KA+AAKULAM). KA means “Lord Brahma”, AAKULAM means “place”. LORD VISHNU is famous as SRIKAKULESWARA SWAMY, ANDHRA MAHAVISHNU, ANDHRA NAAYAKUDU, ANDHRA VALLABHUDU, TELUGU VALLABHUDU, SIRIKAKULA NAADHUDU.
It is believed that those who do bath in river Krishna and visit this temple on Mukoti Ekadasi will get relieved from all their sins.
After 1000 years Narasimha varma, the minister of Raja Angapala(raja of Orissa), came here on his way to Kanchipuram. Here he came to know about the greatness of this place and he wanted to re install the deity. He started searching for the idol, but he couldn’t find it. One day he had darshan of Lord Maha Vishnu in his dream, Lord Vishnu told him, he is in the lawn of a brahmin house. Narasimha varma went there and brought the idol and reinstalled it in Srikakulam.
Utsava Murthy we can now they were donated by BRUGUMALLA ANANTHA BHOGAYYA IN 1205. FROM THE BOOK WRITTEN BY Sri Krishnadeveraya, We can know he visited this temple in 1519. On the walls of this temple we can see more than 30 inscriptions of 12th and 13th century. Later this temple was developed by Challapalli Raja Kodandaramann( 1746-1791). Even know their successors are acting as trustees. Darshan of Lord Vishnu is first done by them on Mukoti Ekadasi. This temple is renovated by the funds(one lakh) brought from PEDAKALLEPALLI TEMPLE.
ANTARALAYAM, GARBHALAYAM. On either sides of this mandapam we can see Jaya, Vijaya. They are dwarapalakas of Lord Vishnu. In Rangamandam we can see goddess Bhagya Lakshmi and just opposite to her we can also see Anjayenaswamy. In Garbalayam we can see Lord Andhra Maha Vishnu.
RAJYA LAKSHMI DEVI
|Rajya Lakshmi Devi Temple|
CHENNA KESAVA SWAMY
|Chenna Keseva Swamy Temple|
We can know by the inscriptions that Sri Krishnadevaraya came here in 1519 and donated 5 villages to this temple for its maintenance. The Vijayanagara period is considered to be the golden period of Telugu literature.
|Sri KrishnaDeva Raya In Amukthamalyada Mandapam|
1. AS SRAVANA NAKSHATRAM IS THE BIRTH STAR OF LORD VENKATESWARA SWAMY SPECIAL POOJAS ARE DONE ON THAT DAY. NIJAROOPA DARSHAN, ABISHEKAM ARE DONE ON THAT DAY ONLY----- Rs558/-, be there before 9.00am
2. MUKKOTI EKADASI DARSHAN -- FROM 10 A.M TO 11A.M (FIRST DARSHAN TO CHALLAPALLI RAJAS SUCCESSORS)
3. SAHASRA NAAMAARCHANA----50Rs—be there before 9am.
4. ASTOTHARAM ------20Rs --- till 11.30am
5. DARSHAN ---- 5Rs.
6. It is believed those who perform poojas here will get good job, transfers to the required place, so many people come here on Wednesday to perform pooja to get good job, marriage. On this day pooja is done to Saligrama.
7. If any one want to perform Abhishekam on other days contact the the temple authorities on the before day it self.
TEMPLE PHONE NUMBER----08671-255238
TEMPLE PREIST PHONE NUMBER -08671-255513
PAVAN KUMAR ACHARYULU (TEMPLE PREIST) --- 9490636452
NEAR BY TEMPLES
- MOPIDEVI— THIS temple is dedicated to Lord Subrahmanya. Very famous temple. It is 22kms from Srikakulam temple.
2. PEDAKALLAPALLI- It is 10kms from Mopidevi temple. Don,t miss this temple.